12.16.2006

Holiday Season Quotes

Christmas cards, or any personal mail, is fun to recieve, especially from friends and family. I've been sitting here for hours, trying to personalize each and every holiday card that I'm going to be sending out, because it'll make it that much more special for the recipient when they get our card, (plus I won't feel like I wasted so much paper by simply writing our names on it.) When I got stuck with trying to personalize something, I remembered a colleague of mine had looked up quotes to use in a card. I didn't use all these, but thought I'd share some I liked with you, and inspire personalizing those holiday cards!
  1. One kind word can warm three winter months. ~Japanese proverb
  2. A little smile, a word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year… These make a Merry Christmas! ~John Greenleaf Whittier
  3. One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly. ~Andy Rooney
  4. Nothing's as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas. ~Kin Hubbard
  5. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! ~ Santa Claus

No comments: